Farm Tours are available by appointment Monday-Friday, May thru October, from 9am-1pm.
Visitors are welcome to see our alpacas during our regular Farm Store hours, stroll around at your leisure to see our other fiber animals, and read our “fencepost facts”. There is no fee for these self-guided tours. To go into the pasture to meet our alpacas, Farm Tours are available by appointment. There is a fee of $5 per person, children two and under are free. Contact us or give us a call at (419) 529-8152 to schedule a Farm Tour. Appointments are confirmed with payment here on our website, or by phone.
Schedule a Farm Tour for your school, your scout troop, 4-H Club, civic organization, Garden Club, Mother’s Club, guild, family, or group of friends. See first hand the magic of alpacas!
- The tour lasts 30-60 minutes, depending on the interests of the group. It is educational and fun!
- Learn about the history of alpacas, where they come from, what they’re used for, how we care for them.
- Stroll around our family farm to meet the boys, the girls, the Angora goats, the Angora rabbits, and perhaps even the chickens.
- Depending on the age and interests of the group, we can spend time in the fiber studio learning about the different steps involved in fiber processing, or see a carding or spinning demonstration.
- You may even want to have a picnic while you’re at Alpaca Meadows.
- Plan a little extra time to visit the Farm Store while you are here. Shop for a souvenir to remind you of your visit. Or take home some beautiful alpaca yarn, or perhaps something soft and warm made from alpaca fiber.
- We do have plenty of room for a bus or RV, or whatever, to park and get turned around.
- Be sure to dress for the weather, uneven terrain, and depending on the time of year, sometimes mud.
*Sorry, we are not handicap accessible and do not have public restrooms.