First of all what is an Etsy Treasury?
Etsy says, “They are curated galleries of items chosen by the Etsy community. They are not intended for self-promotion, but instead to acknowledge and share the many cool things for sale on Etsy. Etsy Administration often chooses an exceptional Treasury list to promote on the home page.”
It sure is fun to get featured, good for business too!
This is the Treasury currently being featured on Etsy. They are always fun to see, the creativity is endless, and I get inspired!
I’ve been doing Blog Treasuries, because it is fun, it promotes other artists, and it introduces them to my blog because I notify them that they are in my Treasury and they come to see it!
I was recently asked how to make a Treasury and in order to answer the question I did a little research.
What I found was an Etsy Treasury Demo Blog. It is a wonderful resource that should help anyone interested in doing this, pictures too!
I’m sure it’s not complicated once you have done it, but I got lost in all the instructions and didn’t want to spend so much time trying to get my Treasury chosen.The following is what I have figured out how to do, works for me!
1. Open your Favorite Items.
2. In another screen, open the Etsy Poster Sketch Tool.
3. Having deciding on a theme or a color palette, choose a Favorite Item and click on it. Select and copy the item number that you see in the address bar. In this case, it would be 45184230.
4. Paste it in one of the listing id boxes in your Poster Sketch Tool and click ok. Your first item will appear. Continue doing this until all boxes are filled. From the current item you have chosen in your other screen, you can use the back arrow to go back to your Favorites. You can rearrange the items in the Poster Sketch Tool by dragging and dropping.
I guess I’ll finish the one I’m working on, so I can show you.
5. Next I click on View, then Full Screen, then Ctrl Paste which will copy what you see on the screen. Open a program that you can paste your new image into, I use Microsoft Publisher. Paste it, then crop out what you don’t want. I like to add a background that complements your Treasury. Save it as a jpeg and upload to wherever you plan to post it!